12 Questions You Need to Ask Your Wedding Venue
So it’s finally time to book your wedding venue, but unsure of what questions to ask? Well these 12 important questions will insure smooth sailing for your big day and also make sure you and your venue are on the same page. Your wedding is supposed to be about fun and happiness and you don't want all that stress. Read on to find out how to achieve the perfect venue for your wedding day!
1. Is our wedding day available?
Probably the most obvious of all questions but it's good to make sure your wedding date is even available before going any further. Find out how to book it to ensure your date is saved!
2. How much is the deposit?
Be clear about how much you owe, when it's due, and how and when to make a payment.
3. What are the rules on decorating?
Make sure you know exactly what decorations your venue allows and prohibits before going through with anything. Be sure to ask specific questions about decorations you are planning on having.
4. Who is responsible for setting up and taking down decorations?
5. Is wedding insurance required?
6. How many other weddings will be held on my wedding date?
It's always a good idea to know who else has your venue scheduled for the same day. If so, make sure they will have enough time and staff to make your wedding day seamless.
7. (If wedding is outdoors) Is there a back up space if weather takes a turn for the worst?
Anything is possible on your wedding day so it's always a great idea to have a back up plan if things go array. Make sure to ask your venue what their policy is if bad weather would occur and if they provide other accommodations.
8. Is there a minimum or maximum rental time?
9. Is there a bridal suite or another area where the bridal party can get ready?
If you and your bridal party are wanting to get ready on site, it's an important question to ask if they have certain rooms or spaces you can use.
10. Who will be my main contact?
Make sure you know exactly who you are to talk to about any questions or concerns you may have. Be sure to get their information and see if you are able to meet them and when a good time is to make contact with them.
11. Does the venue have liability insurance?
12. How many parking spaces are available?
Make sure there will be enough parking spaces for your guests especially if you have a large guest list.