12 Month Wedding Checklist
Now that it is almost the new year, many brides are beginning their wedding planning for 2019! Let us help you make planning your wedding even easier! Listed below we will provide you with a 12 month+ wedding planning checklist to ensure you stay organized, on schedule, and stress free!
12 Months +
Here we go! The process begins to the biggest day of your entire life! We are so excited for you! :)
- Choose a date (or up to 3 so you can be flexible).
- Come up with your wedding budget
- Discover your wedding style.
- Choose wedding party: Maid of Honor and Bridesmaids, Best Man and Groomsmen, Flower Girl and Ring Bearer.
- Create a wedding website.
- Get engagement ring insured and consider purchasing wedding insurance.
- Explore ceremony and reception venue options.
- Book Photographer **(Click here for more info.)
- Book Videographer **(Click here for more info.)
- Book DJ**(Click here for more info.)
- Book Photo Booth**(Click here for more info.)
- Book Caricature Artist**(Click here for more info.)
- Begin compiling a guest list.
- Browse wedding dress and veil styles.
- Create wedding and style boards on Pinterest.
- Stay Up to date with the HeadTrauma Entertainment blog for ideas
- Get engagement photos taken.
Nice work! Onto to the next step!
- Choose bridal party attire and accessories.
- Reserve ceremony and reception venues.
- Book officiant.
- Hire caterer, florist, and planner.
Not to much longer!
- Mail your Save the Dates.
- Purchase wedding dress, veil and undergarments.
- Establish a fitness routine.
- Find 3 hotels (at different price points) for out-of-town guests.
- Refine guest list.
- Create gift registries at national retailers
- (Enclosures, Programs, Menu Cards, Thank Yous, and Favors).
- Begin planning honeymoon
Awesome! Whats next?
- Explore wedding day hair and makeup styles.
- Meet with officiant to discuss plans for ceremony.
- Reserve rentals: chairs, linens, lighting, décor, etc.
- Choose cake style and schedule tastings.
- Decide on groomsmen attire.
- Hire ceremony musicians. **(Click Here For More Info.)
- Book transportation to and from venues.
- Purchase wedding bands.
- Choose flowers for: wedding party, attendants, venues, cake, etc.
- Schedule dress fittings.
- Book honeymoon flights and hotels.
- Book room for wedding night.
- Order wedding cake.
- Plan welcome baskets for out-of-town guests.
- Prepare DJ Questionnaire for DJ **(Click Here For More Info.)
- Finalize wedding guest list.
- Assemble rehearsal dinner guest list.
- Book rehearsal dinner venue.
- Finalize honeymoon plans and ensure all documents are in order.
- Plan ceremony and reception seating.
- Experiment with hair and veil with stylist.
- Finalize readers and readings.
- Purchase: toasting flutes, serving pieces, guestbook, flower basket and ring bearer pillow.
- Finalize reception menu.
- Mail wedding invitations
Feel the excitement rising!
- Begin writing vows.
- Review ceremony details with officiant.
- Apply for marriage license: order 2-3 extra.
- Finalize seating arrangements.
- Finalize fittings for wedding party and parents.
- Have your DJ Create a ceremony and reception timeline to send to your vendors, officiant and wedding party.
- Write out honeymoon itinerary for family at home.
- Book wedding day transportation.
1 Month until the big day!!
- Make contact with all vendors to confirm date, times and location.
- Confirm honeymoon reservations.
- Pick up wedding rings.
- Pick up marriage license
- Order wedding programs
- Final dress fitting (with shoes & undergarments)
Down to the wire!
- Send final payment to vendors.
- Give readers their scripts.
- Give photographer and videographer your image and video requests
RELAX! Enjoy this week and let it all in :)
- Layout Wedding Clothes
- Book a spa day for you and your bridesmaids
The Day before
What a day!!! Make sure to stay relaxed and have fun today!
- Attend wedding rehearsal.
- Have fun at the rehearsal dinner.
- Go to bed at a decent time
CONGRATS!!! May your future be filled with Love Ever After
- Eat a good breakfast!
- Relax, smile, and soak in every moment.
After The Wedding
Take care of a few things to wrap things up
- Take tuxes back to rental place
- Enjoy your honeymoon
- Send thank you cards
- Receive pictures from photographer
- Receive video from videographer